Vertical Marathon 2008

Woke up at 5.45am, cool! This is like the earliest i've woken since........ Ok, carrying on. Blood was pumping with adrenaline about the vertical challenge!

Met Tracy at Ang Mo Kio MRT station and made our way down to City hall. There were already a huge crowd of people there waiting. Saw some of the people wearing the Nike Run shirt (shld have worn mine X:). Had to queue up for our blib and tag no. After collecting, it was only awhile did i realize that they gave me to the wrong one, it was 0036, person's name was Tan Xiu Yu? Yep! So had to go back to exchange and got a tag no. 1094! Tracy and i slacked around the shopping centre doing our warm ups and waited for the event to start.

At 7.55am, all the guys in the men's under 20 category had to gather, was in the first 7 to start running! (Hopefully will be the papers the next day. There was a count down and the horn blew, since i wasn't sure where i had to run to, i trailed behind the others, i didn't want to risk looking stupid taking the wrong turn!

Pacing behind others was manageable at first, you could hear the footsteps echo against the walls as the boys went "ta ta ta ta" up the stairs away from me. It was probably about the 13th storeys and i could begin to wave "bye bye" to the people in front and say "hello" to the ones coming up from behind. Through out the whole marathon, only people overtook me X: I was concentrating on putting one foot infront of another, while trying to shun the glare of the helpers which were located every few floors. I made the mistake of inhailing thru my mouth from the start of the race, and by the time i hit 13th storeys, my mouth was so dry that even licking my lips with my tongue was to no avail. I knew i had to concentrate on breathing through my nose, headache and exhaustion started to set in. But i knew i had to persevere for i have already come so far! I wasn't going to give up now! Even though i was tired, i still had the mental strength to calculate how many floors i had to go, with all the times and divide, minus and plus! Before what seem like a long time, finally! The 72nd floor! 1 more floor to go! Sunlight greeted me with cheers from other competitors! The first thing i wanted was WATER! Taking in the view, i sat down replenishing my fluids and waited for Tracy to arrive.

It was a truly amazing event! 50 year old aunties were beating young girls to the top, i'm pretty sure they would have over taken me too!

Some of the people on the heli-pad on the top of the 73 floor!

Manage to smile although I'm still exhausted

Spider-man made it! Mind you, he climbed the inside of the building, not the outside

Spider-man again! He is a 50++ year old man. Amazing that he made up in this suit

The ferris wheel

The last few steps!

Gogogo! Storm the front

Vertical marathon 2008!

Scenery

Singapore river down there

The finish line

Tracy Ong

Me myself and i

Spider-man and i

Spider-man and Tracy, yea peace.. With great power comes great responsibilities

At the basement of the hotel

Real Pack! About 1,500 in total!

Mens 31-40 category, I tink

Look the people ard waiting for their turns!

Cute gurl in the middle!

Red-bull car

Me with my completion medal

Tracy with her completion medal

City hall with almost nobody

My tag no.

Thats the entrance to the stairs

Man racing to the stairs

Project runway

Mac for breakfast!